Monday, April 1, 2013

It's the start of a new month!




Hooray!  It's April which means we are one step closer to it being SUMMER TIME!  Ahhh, I am so excited for warm weather, shorts, flip flops, and sunny days.  Just the thought of being able to drive to work with the windows down with music blasting makes me smile!

So for the start of the month, I thought I would post some of my goals for the month as well as my weekly schedule for workouts this week.  As you will soon come to know, I love following the Tone It Up girls and absolutely adore how they put up a schedule to follow each week.  It makes my planning so much easier!  There are days when I may do my own thing as I am training for a half marathon, but it does help a lot!

As the saying goes, April showers bring May flowers.  Well I'd like to envision that as being all of the sweat I will be shedding turning into amazing results.  Who's with me on that?  We have a couple more months until its bikini weather (or even time to rock a killer one piece!) so its time to get moving if you haven't already.  I want to push myself physically with daily bootycalls and evening training runs now that daylight sticks around just a bit longer.  The workouts I have posted above are my morning workouts and then will do 3, 4, or 5 mile runs throughout the week in the afternoons.  Although it may seem like a lot, I want to make sure I am not only fit to run this race with good endurance but also physical strength which means strength training too.  Also, as you will see my Sunday will be an active rest day.  This means taking it a bit easier but getting out and doing something - a walk with the dog, a bike ride with my daughter, jumping on a trampoline, etc.  Just to keep moving but not at a high intensity.

I will be following along with the Self Drop 10 workout and Tone It Up plan but I also wanted to incorporate yoga back into my life.  To do that I will be starting the YogaADay Challenge on Instagram with GrowSoulBeautiful.  Join in with me for something new and challenging!

What are your goals for this month?  Write them out and post them to see every day!  Keep yourself accountable by starting a journal.  A new month is a great time to set new intentions, start new healthy habits, and try something new.  Lets rock April and get set for an amazing summer!


9 comments:

  1. Hello there! I found your blog by way of Hubby Jack and thought I'd just stop by and leave a quick comment.

    I love that you make monthly goals that are realistic and achievable. I always hesitate to make goals because I feel like I always end up failing myself by not achieving them. I'm going to take your approach, though, and make a handful of realistic goals each month. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by. I think goals are so important but I feel as if they should be challenging but achievable. They should be set high enough to push yourself, but not so high that you get frustrated and lose hope. Let me know how goal setting goes! I'd love to hear what you set up!

      Delete
  2. Hi! Found you through Hubby Jack. Chris did my blog too. :) LOVE me some fitness blogs, so I just wanted to say hello and I'm following you now. Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I love your blog design - The colors are great! Can't wait to read your posts from now on.

      Delete
  3. Found you through Hubby Jack.
    Training for a half in April! While I love to get a good run in, I struggle with the "strength" stuff. Your goals are great motivation.

    Happy Thursday!

    ~Desiree'
    http://d-and-s-macke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Desiree - so glad you stopped by! I struggle with the strength training too which is why I NEED to set goals and plan out my workouts. I can do cardio all day long - but lifting is where I lose my patience. Have you run a half? What kind of running do you like to do (treadmill or road)? Your photos on your blog are so cute and I loved your entry on forgiving. It is sometimes so hard to say I'm sorry. Thanks for that post - I actually really needed to read that today.

      Delete
  4. Can one of your goals include "carrying my sister over the finish line at the 1/2 marathon?" xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see that you are a TIU girl!! Which plan are you following? I wanted to do their gluten free plan but I haven't had much feedback on it vs the regular one. I have a wheat allergy so I am just trying to figure out which plan to follow. Thank you for any info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry that I am just seeing this now! I am on the regular TIU Nutrition plan...I have however since gone Gluten Free but I have not switched over to the GF nutrition program. I try to just modify when needed. Sorry again for the delay!

      Delete