Tuesday, July 9, 2013

If being weird is wrong, I don't want to be right.


I’m weird.  Some of my best friends are weird.  I’d honestly love it if a lot more people were weird like me.  In fact, only about 31% of adults in the United States are weird and I wish that number was 100% - because then being weird, would actually be normal.

Are you confused?  Let me explain.  Being weird in the world today means that you are taking an active role in your health, learn about nutrition, exercise, maintain a healthy body weight and feel that ending the trend of obesity is important. 

Right now being overweight/obese is the norm, its the new average.  YES that is the new normal.  According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, last accessed on July 9th, 2013 – over 69% of the United States adult population are overweight – not only that but over 35% of US adults are obese.  WHY IS THIS THE NEW NORMAL?  Shouldn’t we learn about what we are putting in our bodies in regards to food, taking a few extra steps a day with exercise, and really focus on getting America back to a healthy weight?  I think so! 

Want to know something even more disheartening that’s also a growing trend in America?  Not only are we as adults shortening our lifespan by not taking proper care of our bodies – but we are teaching our children our nasty habits and passing it on to them!  Check this out:



  • Percent of adolescents age 12-19 years who are obese: 18.4% (2009-2010)
  • Percent of children age 6-11 years who are obese: 18.0% (2009-2010)
  • Percent of children age 2-5 years who are obese: 12.1% (2009-2010)


WAKE UP CALL!!!  We are affecting future generations!!  Did you know that the generation of kids/teens right now are expected to not live as long as their parents will?  This is the FIRST TIME this has ever been predicted and it can be stopped!  Every single one of us has the POWER to change how we eat, what we fuel our body with, and how often we get up and move our feet.  We have the power to teach our children how to do the same thing so they can grow up healthy and live long and prosperous lives and teach their children the exact same tools they learned growing up. 

Children LEARN BY EXAMPLE – which means we, as adults must LEAD BY EXAMPLE.  If they see you eating a bunch of junk – what do you think they will want to eat?  If they see you getting up and exercising every day – they will think this is normal and want to be active too.  TRUST ME THEY WILL!  My daughter LOVES doing workout DVD’s with me, going on walks or runs, or now that she’s old enough even participating in school sports.  Why?  Because it’s normal for her – she sees it every.single.day.  It’s part of a routine, a lifestyle, a healthy habit and one she will take from her pre-teen years all the way through her adult life.

You may wonder why I am so passionate about this topic.  Let me tell you why.  I want to see people healthy.  It is because I want to see people happy.  I want to see each and every single one of you walk around with your head held high feeling the absolute best you can possibly feel.  I want you to know that you are doing everything in your power to feed your body right and make sure its working to the best of its ability.  Throw the word skinny out of the window because thats not what I am talking about.  I am talking about being fit, healthy, and improving your quality of life through exercise and proper nutrition.  Imagine all of the disease we could erase if we made health a priority.  Imagine how much smaller our medical bills would be if we could just keep our bodies at a normal weight range.  The shift in our society could be astronomical if we all opened up our eyes a bit more and made a few changes.

I am SO incredibly passionate about this topic that I was inspired to take hold of an opportunity that was presented to me.  As some of you know I signed up to be an Independent Beachbody Coach.  What does this mean?  Well, I help people who are ready, take a step in the right direction.  I give them guidance, advice, support, motivation, and accountability – and to be honest – they do the same for me in return whether they know it or not.  I recently started a challenge group, which I host on Facebook with a handful of challengers who were ready to take the next step in reclaiming their health.  We are currently using the program called Insanity (I’m sure you’ve seen this on TV) along with Shakeology, the most nutrient dense meal you could possibly feed your body.  One of my challengers in her FIRST WEEK has lost 4 inches!  4 INCHES!  These challengers are absolutely amazing and inspire me everyday to get moving too.  We are all holding each other accountable and helping each other on our health journeys to become weird together! 

Some of you know I am also a full time working mom who is in school full time finishing my bachelor’s degree.  My ultimate goal is to also get my personal training certification - but with work and school – that had to be put on the back burner for right now.  I still wanted to help people in any way I could and that is how I connected with Beachbody.  I am not a personal trainer or a nutritionist nor do I pretend or claim to be – but what I am is your biggest cheerleader offering you guidance and support.  Having a 2nd career as a Beachbody Coach has been so incredibly rewarding, it’s hard to put it into words.  It allows me to fulfill my passion in helping others, it helps to support my family financially, and it helps to keep me on top of my health and fitness goals as well.  Hearing my challengers and clients say they feel stronger, they have more energy, that they've lost weight, or that they are grateful for my support - is the best feeling in the world.  There are too many benefits to list in regards to Beachbody's programs - both fitness and nutritional.  The positivity surrounding the community of coaches and clients is overwhelming.  Personally, I am stronger, in better shape, getting the nutrients I need to fuel my body right through Shakeology, learning something new every single day, gaining confidence, taking part in personal development, and paving the road to being able to work from home full time doing something I absolutely love – helping people that I love.

If you are already weird and want to be a coach too – I’d love for you to join me.  We have an AMAZING team of coaches that you would be joining and are able to learn from the absolute BEST.  Email me if you want more info on coaching, if you’d like to watch a webinar on the opportunity, or if you are ready to get started right away and we can get you set up to start changing lives immediately.

If you are not weird YET but want to be – and are interested in a workout program, Shakeology, a challenge group, or just need some advice on where to go from here – let me know!  I have TONS of ideas for you so please make sure you email me at jessicamastfitness@gmail.com and we can talk.  Or even better yet – find me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/jessiebrie).  Add me as a friend – then direct message me – because I’d love to talk with you and see how we can work together to help you achieve your goals. 

My #1 goal in life is to create a team of weirdo’s that just gets bigger and bigger and bigger until we become the new normal.   A healthy normal.  A fit normal.  A nutritionally statisfied normal.  Are you ready to join me?   A new lifestyle DOES NOT have to start on a Monday.  It can start right now, you just have to take that one step in the right direction.


Source:

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 30 May 2013. Web. 09 July 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment