Sunday, July 7, 2013

Influenster #SunVoxBox Review!

A few months ago I signed up with Influenster and was chosen in my first couple of months to receive a box full of goodies to review.  I was matched up with their summer #SunVoxBox after filling out a survey and waited anxiously to see what was going to be headed my way.

At the end of June - I got home from work and had a little box from Influenster waiting for me and inside were these fun things!


I received Goody's Ouchless hair ties - 5 different colors (purple, silver, gray, black, and pink), Sinful Shine with Gel Tech nail polish in the "All The Rage" shade, Dr. Sholl's High Heel inserts, and Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream in fair/light.  I couldn't wait to try out all of the products - here are my thoughts!

Goody's Ouchless Hair-ties



These hair-ties are cute, come in fun colors, and don't pull on your hair.  They are of course easy to use, a great material, and work well with just about any thickness of hair.  I took this picture of my daughter who has very THICK hair and a lot of it and it worked just fine.  I also tried it out on my hair which is thinner and it worked good too!  Being honest, I didn't care for the fact that they didn't hold my ponytail too well when I was running.  Its good for an everyday ponytail or hairdo but I thought that if it had the gripper strip it would be better for working out.  The only other thing I didn't really care for is the knot that it has. It makes it cute to have around your wrist but no matter what you do - that knot sticks out and is really hard to hide.  Other than that - my daughter and I love these hair-ties and use them a lot!

Sinful Shine with Gel Tech Nailpolish


                   





Once again my daughter was my model because she LOVES nail polish and bright colors.  We absolutely LOVED how fast this nail polish dried.  Literally within just a couple of minutes she was able to head out and play.  Plus it comes in 32 different shades - so just about anyone is going to find a shade that suits them.  The only downside and I am not sure why this happened but the next day she went outside to play with water balloons and once her hands were covered in water - the polish just peeled off??  We haven't tried it since - but we may give it another shot.


Dr. Sholl's High Heel Gel Inserts



These inserts were pretty amazing.  I have a really high arch and they felt really good in my super high heels.  They were pretty thick and made my shoes feel a bit small but I loved how it made the ball of my foot feel cushioned as well as my heels.  These would work great in a pair of heels that are a bit too big on you - but I wouldn't use them if the shoe is already a bit snug as these add a bit of thickness to the shoes.

Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream

           

I am saving my absolute favorite for last.  I have not stopped using this product since it came in the mail and I will continue to purchase this as time goes by and I run out.  I am not someone who cares for a lot of makeup - especially during the summer months.  Our weather here in Chicago tends to be really hot and really humid during the summer making your face melt off if you have tons of foundation or powder on. This has held up to the humid days, dry days, and super warm and sunny days.  I don't get oily from it and it hides minor imperfections and discoloration in my skin.  It moisturizes well without being too heavy and doesn't have a strange odor or smell to it.  This is the one product I would definitely recommend from the entire VoxBox that I got!  I might actually look into more of the Fresh Effects products too now that I enjoyed this one so much.


Have you tried any of these products?  What do you think of them?


No comments:

Post a Comment